Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Otto Waterless Urinal: A winner from many angles


I hate to admit it but I can’t deny the fact that my favorite place on Earth is the comfort room.

Funny, right? But my everyday activities can prove it. It is the first place I go to after I wake up in the morning and the last place where I spent some precious time before I sleep at night.

Everywhere I go, it’s the first thing I ask about. When my wife and I eat in a restaurant, I don’t ask for the specialty of the house or if there is wi-fi connection. It’s like an automatic thing that I would inquire to the waiter, “Where’s your comfort room.”

Well, I have this thing about going to the john every time I consume too much iced tea (hey, that’s why they call it bottomless) or the air condition unit breaths as if it’s like winter. My urinary bladder has been like that since I was young.

And through the years, I have encountered the good, the bad and the ugliest urinals ever presented to men. From the pink cubicles along EDSA to the portalets scattered in a open field during a concert and the sweet smelling ones in luxury hotels, I have tried and tested them all.

These urinals have come in different shapes and sizes but what impressed me most is one product from Arrow Home Improvement called Otto Waterless Urinals which have been engineered, as its name implies, to function without water. Its European design was innovated by Filipino inventor and businessmen Jerry Ong who come out of its unique Re-usable Cartridge Technology thus saving money and helping lessen trash that can be harmful to the environment.

Many malls and restaurants are already enjoying the great benefits of Otto waterless urinals that guarantees the lowers long term cost of ownership and value for money. A big help to business owners and entrepreneurs in managing their maintenance cost because this product does not require expensive cartridges, bladders, inserts, siphons, mechanical parts microbial blocks and deodorizing tablets.

Otto Waterless Urinals also features a biodegradable blocking fluid and optimized cylindrical design. Its touch free cylinder housing is ceramic made and white in color which is perfect for any business establishments and commercial offices. The high quality finish and modern clean design is really impressive.


An Otto waterless urinal is really comfy and I can say it feels like HOME using one. Here are more benefits that Otto offers:

H-ygenic. The urinal is designed with water trap which is connected directly to the sewer system.

O-dorless. A biodegradable odor blocking fluid called Ottolock is poured into the water trap and floats on the surface of the urine to create a perfect seal, blocking any urine odor.

M-ade with no flush valve repairs. Every time the urinal is used, the urine drains through the Ottolock and out of the sewer.

E-conomical and easy to clean. There are no inner edges where urine can collect. No need to use detergent. Just spray Lysol or any disinfectant onto the urinal and wipe it with a clean cloth.

Below is a complete set of cleaning instructions (Maintenance Instruction System) which is provided with every urinal.


I am very proud that a fellow Filipino was able to design a very innovative and Earth- friendly product. Otto Waterless Urinals should be considered by constructors and prospective businessman planning to build their office in the future. They will not only lessen the building cost but they will also contribute in preserving our planet--- the only one that we have.

Otto Waterless Urinal is truly a winner from many angles!

Also, Arrow Home Improvement is inviting everyone join the Arrow Home GC Raffle Promo where 10 lucky winners will get Php 1500 worth of GC each.

2 comments:

Mommy Leah said...

Earth-friendly, indeed :-)

Richard Mamuyac said...

true! what's good pa is the technology was improved by a Filipino! Iba talaga ang pinoy!